MARCHESI DI SAN GIULIANO

Search
Close this search box.

Extra virgin olive oil

There are 15 hectares of Curcuraggi olive groves, half of which are old trees, around 80 years old, and half younger, around 40 years old.
The oldest olive trees are mostly an old cultivar, Marmurigna, an ancient kind of Etna Nocellara, with a few Biancolilla and Siracusana, also known as Zaituna.
The younger olives are 80% Etna Nocellara with the remaining 20% made up of the Carolea and San Benedetto varieties which are used as pollinators.
The olive groves are situated on a plateau in the foothills of the Iblei Mountains.
The olives are picked in September/October by hand and with electric pickers.
The olives are milled on the estate no later than three hours after they have been picked. The grinding to a paste is performed with horizontal spiral discs for no more than 20 minutes. The oil is obtained by centrifugation, with a two stage MoriTem Oliomio olive mill, producing 2 quintals an hour without addition of water. The two stage functioning of the olive mill, permits the extraction of the oil directly from the decanter, which separates the oil on one side, and the wet olive waste on the other. Thus no wastewater is produced, and the oil does not need to undergo any further processing, such as a final centrifugation.
The olive waste is reused as a soil conditioner.
After a natural period of decantation in stainless steel vats (of around 15 days), the oil is filtered with large mesh cardboard (refinement) to remove any impurities.

The olive groves, like the entire estate, are cultivated organically.

Two Rivers Extra Virgin Olive Oil

0,5 litres

10.00

Extra virgin olive oil

There are 15 hectares of Curcuraggi olive groves, half of which are old trees, around 80 years old, and half younger, around 40 years old.
The oldest olive trees are mostly an old cultivar, Marmurigna, an ancient kind of Etna Nocellara, with a few Biancolilla and Siracusana, also known as Zaituna.
The younger olives are 80% Etna Nocellara with the remaining 20% made up of the Carolea and San Benedetto varieties which are used as pollinators.
The olive groves are situated on a plateau in the foothills of the Iblei Mountains.
The olives are picked in September/October by hand and with electric pickers.
The olives are milled on the estate no later than three hours after they have been picked. The grinding to a paste is performed with horizontal spiral discs for no more than 20 minutes. The oil is obtained by centrifugation, with a two stage MoriTem Oliomio olive mill, producing 2 quintals an hour without addition of water. The two stage functioning of the olive mill, permits the extraction of the oil directly from the decanter, which separates the oil on one side, and the wet olive waste on the other. Thus no wastewater is produced, and the oil does not need to undergo any further processing, such as a final centrifugation.
The olive waste is reused as a soil conditioner.
After a natural period of decantation in stainless steel vats (of around 15 days), the oil is filtered with large mesh cardboard (refinement) to remove any impurities.

The olive groves, like the entire estate, are cultivated organically.

Two Rivers Extra Virgin Olive Oil

0,5 litres

10.00

Extra virgin olive oil

There are 15 hectares of Curcuraggi olive groves, half of which are old trees, around 80 years old, and half younger, around 40 years old.
The oldest olive trees are mostly an old cultivar, Marmurigna, an ancient kind of Etna Nocellara, with a few Biancolilla and Siracusana, also known as Zaituna.
The younger olives are 80% Etna Nocellara with the remaining 20% made up of the Carolea and San Benedetto varieties which are used as pollinators.
The olive groves are situated on a plateau in the foothills of the Iblei Mountains.
The olives are picked in September/October by hand and with electric pickers.
The olives are milled on the estate no later than three hours after they have been picked. The grinding to a paste is performed with horizontal spiral discs for no more than 20 minutes. The oil is obtained by centrifugation, with a two stage MoriTem Oliomio olive mill, producing 2 quintals an hour without addition of water. The two stage functioning of the olive mill, permits the extraction of the oil directly from the decanter, which separates the oil on one side, and the wet olive waste on the other. Thus no wastewater is produced, and the oil does not need to undergo any further processing, such as a final centrifugation.
The olive waste is reused as a soil conditioner.
After a natural period of decantation in stainless steel vats (of around 15 days), the oil is filtered with large mesh cardboard (refinement) to remove any impurities.

The olive groves, like the entire estate, are cultivated organically.

Two Rivers Extra Virgin Olive Oil

0,5 litres

10.00

SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER

Sign up for our newsletter to receive news about our products, recipes, tips and more!

SIGN UP FOR THE NEWSLETTER

Sign up for our newsletter to receive news about our products, recipes, tips and more!